Saturday, 25 May 2013

Journal page

I have just treated myself to some distress stains and wanted to play with them in my journal.

I also felt the need to actually write something in the journal, which is very unlike me! How often do we say to people 'i will be fine' are we really??

The other project i wanted to the use the stains for was another attempt at the May edition of Tim's tags, my previous effort had turned out very muddy, well here is my second attempt.

Am much happier with this version.

Thanks for looking

Paperartsy Challenge

Over on the paperartsy blog this week its been the lovely Carols week to show us her talents.

First up was a beaded hanger, here is my interpretation of it

Am not really a 'beady' person so used some rhinestones instead, much more my cup of tea!! The colour will also perfectly compliment my downstairs toilet.

Carols next project was an oriental themed tag, i didn't think i had anything oriental to play along with but then remembered a set of Paperartsy stamps i had.

Carol used a fabulous technique with UTEE but i couldn't seem to achieve the same effects, couldn't resist using my shrink plastic again though.

Thanks for looking.

Thursday, 16 May 2013

Time Flies

I created this journal page because i realised how much time i waste every day, i often feel like my whole day is wasted and its time i wont ever get back again.

I knew i wanted the colours to be quite subdued as this suits my mood very well at the moment. I used distress paints in weathered wood, broken china and picket fence on top of some grunge paste applied through a stencil. I then added some weathered wood into a mini mister and added some black ink and water and sprayed blobs and allowed them to run,

I stamped some circles in distress in and then some clock faces using a versafine pad, i then used my Tim Holts rub ons to add some detail. The clock face is a maya road one that i sprayed with ink to tone it in to the colour scheme more, i painted the wings and then used a script stamp with white ink to stamp. I chose not to put hands on the clock.

Finally i coloured some wooden scrabble tiles with distress inks, they all took the ink a bit differently but i quite like the effect actually.

Spool challenge

Over at Paperartsy the wonderful France had designed some spool key charms, i found a poor solitary spool  lurking in my ribbon drawer so thought i would give it a go

My spool was a lot smaller than the ones France used so finding a word to fit was quite a challenge! this actually says dream. This was also my very first attempt at shrink plastic too.

Wednesday, 15 May 2013

Sams challenge

I was challenged to use this colour pallet on a project today, i have to say the colours are lovely

This is what i came up with

I had recently bought some moulds and clay and had been playing with them so thought i would like to incorporate some of the images i have made.

I ran the tag through an embossing folder then coloured it with distress inks, i then ran an embossing ink pad over the top and heat embossed some frantage aged purple powder.

I coloured the moon face with Lumiere paints and the stars were sprayed with ink.

I attached a piece of coloured gauze coloured with ink around the tag, painted the 'dream' with green Lumiere paint and stuck it on top. I then coloured some ribbon and couldn't resist a bit of sparkle!!


I have been following the guest designers over on the Paperartsy blog and was very taken with a project i saw last week, unfortunately i didn't finish it in time to enter the challenge but i enjoyed making it anyway.

I used a paper mache substrate, cut some diamonds out of corrugated cardboard and stuck them on, i then added some grunge paste and painted the whole thing with a neutral base colour.

I then use guacamole and limelight paint to add some layers, i didn't have the blood orange paint that was used in the original so i chose the closest i had which was barn door distress paint, i watered it down and sprayed it onto the canvas.

I painted the cage in various shades of brown and added some gold shimmer spray, the bird was painted and then edged with treasure gold. I added a small charm to the bottom of the cage.

I cut some flowers using the paperartsy flower die, one from grunge paper and one from coffee filter paper which i then sprayed lime green.

The sentiment is from paperartsy and is stamped onto some foil i had coloured with alcohol ink, my good friend Sam said it looked a bit plain down the left hand side so i stamped some script in black.

Thursday, 9 May 2013

Mud glorious mud

I really liked the look of the may tag in Tims 12 tags so fancied having a go, this is despite not having any distress stains or rub ons! how can i not have any rub ons!!!!

Undaunted i thought i could maybe heat emboss some images onto the tag and these would act in a similar way to the rub ons, having no distress stains i opted to use my Dylusions sprays.

I used the brightest colours i had but they just turned to mud on the tag, i thought i would keep working with it so carried on. I used a clock face and coloured it with alcohol inks then attached a chit chat word to it, one thing i did have was film strip as the lovely Sam had brought me some back from America, i opted to use one of my Prima zippers with the sentiment 'moments' on.

Here is the finished article, certainly not my finest work but on a plus point it did make me buy some distress stains xx

Thanks for looking xx