Wednesday, 15 May 2013


I have been following the guest designers over on the Paperartsy blog and was very taken with a project i saw last week, unfortunately i didn't finish it in time to enter the challenge but i enjoyed making it anyway.

I used a paper mache substrate, cut some diamonds out of corrugated cardboard and stuck them on, i then added some grunge paste and painted the whole thing with a neutral base colour.

I then use guacamole and limelight paint to add some layers, i didn't have the blood orange paint that was used in the original so i chose the closest i had which was barn door distress paint, i watered it down and sprayed it onto the canvas.

I painted the cage in various shades of brown and added some gold shimmer spray, the bird was painted and then edged with treasure gold. I added a small charm to the bottom of the cage.

I cut some flowers using the paperartsy flower die, one from grunge paper and one from coffee filter paper which i then sprayed lime green.

The sentiment is from paperartsy and is stamped onto some foil i had coloured with alcohol ink, my good friend Sam said it looked a bit plain down the left hand side so i stamped some script in black.


  1. Oooh lovely and yeah I think the addition of the script just brings it all together nicely.

    Sam xxx

  2. Shame you weren't in time but it's still a fab make and as long as you enjoyed making it that's all that matters. I love the pop of blue xo

  3. Emma, it is lovely! The colours are fab, i love the script on the diamonds, in fact all of it!

  4. lovely soft colour palette Emma.

  5. Emma this is lovely..Sam's right the script finishes it off..I love the colours you've used they look great!

  6. That's beautiful. The colours are so pretty.


Thank you for your comment, just let me check its a nice one before i publish it! lol